Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The cousin agenda

Ahh, the blessing of cousins. It is a most unfortunate that my cousins have to live so far away. However, during the summer i was happy to receive them as guests in my house. I spent a very eventful time shopping and going to a very nice county fair with the 13 year old. She was into the whole trip, and spent her time at my house watching music videos and showing me pictures of her friends moms on face book. (some "cougars" have no shame and should stay home, or at least lose the unprivate face book!) she wanted to communicate, which is normal for a teen! She made a fabulous picture collage once home.(I am less thrilled of the collage, but aren't most of us a bit embarrassed by our own pictures.) I was then entertained a month later by her older sister and her boyfriend. They spent most of their time on the computer, again normal for their age. they talked of their future in collage(this was their last trip before they started.) There was one thing that made me crazy. In a way they acted like a couple of long married 80 year olds. Have some fun i would say...geez, who cares about Microsoft and who cares about Poor Kate Goselin! Then i was blown away by something my cousin showed me. It was a blog. A blog by someone who lived somewhere who had an accident and wasn't ever going to show her face again. "Who is this?" I asked, "Someone you know?" "No" she said, "It's just a blog." So from there I had a lot of questions. I couldn't believe that people were just creating these things with pictures and stories and that other people, total strangers were reading them and following them. I thought that was what Twitter, and Face Book were for? Why do you care about this chick and her kids and her husband and what they all did for summer vacation? So I decided to make a blog and see what happens. Will people read this? Will they become so interested in my goings on that they will log on every night after work or during lunch to see what nonsense i have "blogged" about that day?? I don't know. I really don't know what i am doing on here but with instant messaging and texting (god forbid i should call them) i think perhaps two of my favorite people clear across the united states can guide me through it. So if this is how it works, here it goes. For you, the public, if you have things you'd like to hear about, or something in particular you want me to talk about for you, let me know, and I hope we enjoy this adventure together. E, M I'll be texting, as soon as I get off work. Lots of love K

No comments:

Post a Comment