Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The 1 Dog & 2 Cats

So Let me begin my very first blog, not like the one before where I explained what was going on here. But One where I explain my title. My Pets. Those who love me unconditionally. They don't care what i look like in the morning, or how much weight i have gained. They simply love me for me. In fact if they could actually give their opinion, I'm quite sure they would say i was the best.

Let's start with the 1 dog. He is a German Shepherd/Collie mix. He is 15 years young, and the best dog i have ever known. He is well liked by all those who have ever known him, and though we have moved away from our original start point, people still ask about him to the family members still around in those parts. He never had to be on a leash and was potty trained before he even actually knew what it was. He can sit, shake, switch paws, roll-over and hold a treat on his nose until you say, "get it". of course he is a senior dog now, and some of those things are a little hard for him. He also has many friends in the canine and feline world and has never been mean in any way, even when someone took his bone. He is a great protector and i love him very much. I once even had a boyfriend who thought when we broke up he had a right to see my dog...what a jackass! But that is just how cool Mip is, people want to be around him. (mip being his nickname to protect his privacy.) and now on to the 2 cats.

Well, as some would say, cats are just that, indifferent to you as a human being, and all the other stereo types of cats. Well, let my 2 girls break the mold! They are sisters, yes real sisters, not just sisters because i have them both, but actual related sisters. They are 3 years young. One is short haired and one is long haired. P the long haired cat, is a talker, and no she is not Siamese. She talks to you when you talk to her and if you ask her questions she answers. She also tries to steal food off your plate so watch out for little feet sneaking over the edge to feel around! She prefers to have fake little mice with the real fur, in bright colors. She takes them and throws them around, and sometimes even brings them to you to throw for her. She also loves Mip very much and often times will be found giving him a much needed massage. At bed time she can be found curled up next to him in bed. She has no desire to clean herself, requiring me to have to give her a bath, and of course her sister to do the grooming. Now her sister C, is a bit different. She is a little calmer and prefers quiet time in the sun, but when she plays with the mousies(their term of endearment for them) she likes to put them in your shoes, so beware when you leave shoes unattended. She prefers the company of me, but loves to play with her sister in the mornings. It is a very entertaining thing for me while sipping my coffee, to watch my cats chase each other think they are hidden while crouching on the floor behind a dog bone. What I like most about that is, you would swear they are hidden the way the other cat reacts when she passes the bone, by jumping way up into the air and bolting like she just saw a ghost. It is a pleasant way to start the day. C has a rather big bottom and is often teased about this, and when she runs, her belly(which isn't that big) swings from side to side. At bedtime, she is most often found with me. Both of the girls run to the kitchen every morning for an expected treat.

I can't imagine what things will be like when my bog dog is gone. Or when I have to replace my home with another pair of cats(after having two, i will never own just one again.) I know that my next set of animals will be just as special to me, as these guys are right now, but to imagine it is nearly impossible.
Till next Time, K

No comments:

Post a Comment